VOICE OPERATED SQUELCH
IMMUNE TO NOISE
DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR SINGLE
SIDEBAND RECEIVERS AND
- Most SSB receivers today have a
on the AGC threshold principle. When the incoming signal reaches a
as set by the squelch control, the squelch "breaks" and the audio
comes alive. This works well to an extent on AM and FM because a
steady carrier is involved. On SSB however, the incoming signal dances
wildly in response to the human voice and the AGC threshold principle
much to be desired.
- The voice operated squelch (VOS)
of noise level and signal level. It
that recognizes human speech patterns even though the signal is weak
the noise level high and erratic. The VOS is surprisingly sensitive to
voice, yet almost immune to static crashes and steady heterodynes.
- Now the VOS is available as a tiny
module designed to fit inside most
SSB radios. Connections are simply
to the low level audio stage, 12 VDC and to the supplied on/off switch.
Only one simple initial balance adjustment is required to the tiny
which is also supplied.
- A Deluxe version is available for
direct to 8 ohm speaker leads. In addition, the Deluxe VOS has a DIP
that will activate a cassette tape
for automatic recording when the radio
channel is in use. Extra contacts are available to activate lamps or an
- The VOS circuit has been proven to
operator fatigue when monitoring an SSB channel.
- The VOS is perfect for Remote
Control and Remote
- The VOS is used in Military,
Marine and Amateur Radio equipment. Thousands in use since 1980...
design has been minaturized since then but operation remains identical.
- Thick film hybrid module (SIP) epoxy
- Module Dimensions: 1.4 x 2 x 0.25 inches
- Deluxe VOS: 2 x 2.5 x 0.75 inches
- Operating Voltage: 4-14 VDC
- Dynamic Range: greater than 90 db
- Sensitivity: any 2 db change at syllabic
- Current drain while squelched: 10 mA @ 4
mA @ 14 VDC
- Current drain while unsquelched: 2 mA
Photos show the VOS-1 module mounted on a pcb as the "Deluxe"
Drawing of the Deluxe VOS shows possible connections
NEW VOS-4 IN DISCRETE COMPONENTS SHOWN BELOW
VOS-1 module alone $179.00 + 5.00 shipping continental USA NO STOCK
VOS-4 deluxe with pcb, relay, voltage regulator etc $249.00 +
5.00 shipping continental USA
We accept Visa and MC by email ... You can split numbers into two
emails if you wish for security.
copyright © 1997-2016
7028 West Waters Ave, Suite 393
phone (813) 885-6091
fax (813) 885-3601
email : email@example.com